Sheila Dikshit quits as Kerala Governor, says acted as per her conscience
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Sheila Dikshit quit as Kerala Governor on Tuesday and said that she acted as per her conscience.
“I acted on my conscience and gave my resignation yesterday when I went to meet President Pranab Mukherjee. I don't want to comment on anything,” Dikshit said while addressing the media.
She further added that she did not give her resignation under pressure and will comment on the future once her resignation is accepted.
The former chief minister of Delhi had met President Pranab Mukherjee and Home Minister Rajnath Singh in North Block yesterday triggering intense speculations over her next move.
Mera jo dil keh raha tha wo maine kar diya: Sheila Dikshit on her resignation
— ANI (@ANI_news) August 26, 2014
I will comment on my future only after my resignation is accepted: Sheila Dikshit
— ANI (@ANI_news) August 26, 2014
Dikshit's resignation comes on a day when the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) led NDA government appointed Governors of Maharashtra, Karnataka, Rajasthan and Goa.
Former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Kalyan Singh was named governor of Rajasthan, Gujarat Assembly Speaker Vajubhai Radabhai Vala took charge of Karnataka, Mridula Sinha, also a leading writer, moved into Goa while C Vidyasagar Rao from Telangana taking charge in Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon