Sheila Dikshit to take oath as Kerala Governor on March 11
New Delhi: Sheila Dikshit, the former three-time Congress Chief Minister of Delhi, will take over as Kerala Governor on Tuesday at a function in Trivandrum.
The 75-year-old Dikshit would be administered the oath by Kerala High Court Chief Justice Dr Manjula Chellur. She is expected to leave for Trivandrum tomorrow, said her aide.
Dikshit will succeed Nikhil Kumar, a former Commissioner of Delhi Police. As she heads to Kerala, she will be accompanied by her family members and a number of former ministers and sitting and former Congress MLAs.
Dikshit was appointed Governor of Kerala on March 4, within three months of her defeat in the recent Delhi Assembly polls. She was appointed to the post following Kumar`s resignation.
In the Delhi Assembly elections in December last year, Dikshit suffered an ignominious defeat by more than 22,000 votes at the hands of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal in her New Delhi seat. Kejriwal, who succeeded Dikshit as chief minister, has since resigned over the Jan Lokpal Bill issue.
The Congress came a poor third in the polls, bagging eight seats in a House of 70. Dikshit served as the Delhi Chief Minister from 1998 to 2013. She has also represented the Kannauj Parliamentary constituency in Uttar Pradesh between 1984 and 1989.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand