Ship firing case: BJP slams Ferrari
Thiruvananthapuram: The BJP in Kerala has slammed Ferrari`s move to display the Italian Navy flag on its racing cars during the Indian Grand Prix to express solidarity with two Italian marines facing trial in Kerala for gunning down two Indian fishermen.
In a letter to Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, BJP state president V Muraleedharan said there "has been a brazen attempt by the Italian government to interfere in the internal affairs of India, especially the judiciary."
The BJP leader alleged that shortly after Ferrari announced its decision, an Italian minister had gone on Twitter to congratulate the company.
He wanted the Government of India to stop Ferrari from making an "affront on the nation`s sovereignty by banning Ferrari from participating if they do not withdraw from the controversial step."
The marines of the ship `Enrica Lexie`, Latorre Massimiliano and Salvatore Girone are facing trial for gunning down the fishermen off Kerala coast in February last.
According to reports, Formula 1 racing division of Italian auto major Ferrari would be fixing the flag on its cars during the Grand Prix this weekend to express solidarity with the two marines.
The National Fishworkers Forum has also taken objection to Ferrai`s decision, holding it amounted to challenging the fishermen community of the country and also a shame on the nation.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police