Ship firing case: BJP slams Ferrari
Thiruvananthapuram: The BJP in Kerala has slammed Ferrari`s move to display the Italian Navy flag on its racing cars during the Indian Grand Prix to express solidarity with two Italian marines facing trial in Kerala for gunning down two Indian fishermen.
In a letter to Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, BJP state president V Muraleedharan said there "has been a brazen attempt by the Italian government to interfere in the internal affairs of India, especially the judiciary."
The BJP leader alleged that shortly after Ferrari announced its decision, an Italian minister had gone on Twitter to congratulate the company.
He wanted the Government of India to stop Ferrari from making an "affront on the nation`s sovereignty by banning Ferrari from participating if they do not withdraw from the controversial step."
The marines of the ship `Enrica Lexie`, Latorre Massimiliano and Salvatore Girone are facing trial for gunning down the fishermen off Kerala coast in February last.
According to reports, Formula 1 racing division of Italian auto major Ferrari would be fixing the flag on its cars during the Grand Prix this weekend to express solidarity with the two marines.
The National Fishworkers Forum has also taken objection to Ferrai`s decision, holding it amounted to challenging the fishermen community of the country and also a shame on the nation.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss