Shops in Udhagamandalam down shutters
Udhagamandalam (TN): A number of shops and
hotels here downed shutters today protesting Kerala`s stand on
the Mullaperiyar dam issue.
The usually bustling tourist town wore a deserted look
with cars not plying and bakeries and other business
establishments remaining closed.
Some tourists from North India were seen cooking food on
the road side, while some others had gone to Coonoor, about 20
km from here, by government buses.
Kerala is insisting on a new dam to replace the existing
116-year-old structure to which Tamil Nadu is opposed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief