`Should never feel sorry to be born as women`
Thrissur: Acting Chief Justice of Kerala High Court Majulla Chellar has said that women should never feel sorry to be born as such as they are both home makers and career women, doing strenuous work efficiently and effectively.
Inaugurating the three-day Fifth National Conference of Women in Police here Wednesday night, she said women have better mental stamina than men, but have to cultivate physical stamina to compete with their male-colleagues.
"They have better understanding, patience, compassion, kindness, emotional bondage and capacity to convince others, than men," Chellur added.
Women also have a special ability to remember things properly and it was very advantageous for society as police women undertake crime investigations honestly and correctly, she said.
She also stressed the need to improve infrastructure and basic amenities in police stations, especially for policewomen.
The Director General of the Bureau of Police Research and Development K N Sharma said there was about 25 per cent increase of women personnel in police forces in the country. The number had gone up from 57,466 in 2008 to 71,756, he said.
About 300 delegates from the rank of Constable to DGP from different parts of the country are participating in the conference, jointly organized by Kerala Police and BPR&D.
Kerala’s Director General of Police, Jacob Punnoose presided over the conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!