`Should never feel sorry to be born as women`
Thrissur: Acting Chief Justice of Kerala High Court Majulla Chellar has said that women should never feel sorry to be born as such as they are both home makers and career women, doing strenuous work efficiently and effectively.
Inaugurating the three-day Fifth National Conference of Women in Police here Wednesday night, she said women have better mental stamina than men, but have to cultivate physical stamina to compete with their male-colleagues.
"They have better understanding, patience, compassion, kindness, emotional bondage and capacity to convince others, than men," Chellur added.
Women also have a special ability to remember things properly and it was very advantageous for society as police women undertake crime investigations honestly and correctly, she said.
She also stressed the need to improve infrastructure and basic amenities in police stations, especially for policewomen.
The Director General of the Bureau of Police Research and Development K N Sharma said there was about 25 per cent increase of women personnel in police forces in the country. The number had gone up from 57,466 in 2008 to 71,756, he said.
About 300 delegates from the rank of Constable to DGP from different parts of the country are participating in the conference, jointly organized by Kerala Police and BPR&D.
Kerala’s Director General of Police, Jacob Punnoose presided over the conference.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read