SIT files charge sheet in Shukkur murder case
Kannur (Ker): The Special Investigating Team probing the murder of Indian Union Muslim League activist Abdul Shukkoor filed its charge sheet before the district Judicial Magistrate Court on Thursday.
The 480 page charge sheet has arraigned 33 persons in the murder case and listed K V Sumesh, a Democratic Youth Federation of India (DYFI) leader as the first accused while district CPI(M) Secretary P Jayarajan is the 32nd accused and DYFI State Secretary T V Rajesh, MLA, is the 33rd accused.
Six persons are still absconding in the case.
Both Jayarajan and Rajesh had been arrested and remanded as the investigators had found that they had knowledge about the conspiracy to kill shukkoor.
Jayarajan and Rajesh were charged under section 118 of IPC (concealing design to commit offence punishable with death or imprisonment for life) in connection with the murder. However, Kerala High Court had granted bail to Rajesh on August 21.
21-year-old Abdul Shukkoor was allegedly hacked to death by a group of persons at Keezhara in the district on February 20.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog