SIT files charge sheet in Shukkur murder case
Kannur (Ker): The Special Investigating Team probing the murder of Indian Union Muslim League activist Abdul Shukkoor filed its charge sheet before the district Judicial Magistrate Court on Thursday.
The 480 page charge sheet has arraigned 33 persons in the murder case and listed K V Sumesh, a Democratic Youth Federation of India (DYFI) leader as the first accused while district CPI(M) Secretary P Jayarajan is the 32nd accused and DYFI State Secretary T V Rajesh, MLA, is the 33rd accused.
Six persons are still absconding in the case.
Both Jayarajan and Rajesh had been arrested and remanded as the investigators had found that they had knowledge about the conspiracy to kill shukkoor.
Jayarajan and Rajesh were charged under section 118 of IPC (concealing design to commit offence punishable with death or imprisonment for life) in connection with the murder. However, Kerala High Court had granted bail to Rajesh on August 21.
21-year-old Abdul Shukkoor was allegedly hacked to death by a group of persons at Keezhara in the district on February 20.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- India gets top rating for prudent financial market norms
- RBI to remain open to facilitate transactions on July 1
- Rain plays havoc in Mumbai; heavy showers predicted for another week
- Anil Kumble dismisses having conflict of interest in becoming coach
- Air India to fly unconfirmed first AC passengers of Rajdhani