SIT files charge sheet in Shukkur murder case
Kannur (Ker): The Special Investigating Team probing the murder of Indian Union Muslim League activist Abdul Shukkoor filed its charge sheet before the district Judicial Magistrate Court on Thursday.
The 480 page charge sheet has arraigned 33 persons in the murder case and listed K V Sumesh, a Democratic Youth Federation of India (DYFI) leader as the first accused while district CPI(M) Secretary P Jayarajan is the 32nd accused and DYFI State Secretary T V Rajesh, MLA, is the 33rd accused.
Six persons are still absconding in the case.
Both Jayarajan and Rajesh had been arrested and remanded as the investigators had found that they had knowledge about the conspiracy to kill shukkoor.
Jayarajan and Rajesh were charged under section 118 of IPC (concealing design to commit offence punishable with death or imprisonment for life) in connection with the murder. However, Kerala High Court had granted bail to Rajesh on August 21.
21-year-old Abdul Shukkoor was allegedly hacked to death by a group of persons at Keezhara in the district on February 20.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof