‘SIT ready to probe any case raised by CPI-M’
Kottayam (Ker): The Special Investigation Team into the murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader T P Chandrasekharan is ready to investigate any case brought forward by CPI-M, Home Minister Tiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan said here on Sunday.
"The investigation is not a private inquiry and from the way it is going will prove a turning point in Kerala politics. CPI-M leaders cannot always find fault with SIT officials. Security will be extended to members of the team if needed," he said.
He said most political parties, except CPI(M) have welcomed the investigation.
CPI-M leaders finding fault with the probe should state the reasons for not taking up enquiries into such murder cases when they were in power, he said,adding the investigation has brought to light several murders in the last 25 years.
To a question, he said there would be no change in the team probing the murder case.
To a query, he said investigation could be conducted into the murder of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha leader K T Jayakrishnan on December one, 1999 if there was any fresh evidence.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31