SIT to probe charges levelled against Cong MP
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala government has decided to set up a Special Investigation Team to probe the allegations against Congress MP from Kannur K Sudhakaran that he had conspired to kill CPI-M leader E P Jayarajan.
The composition of SIT would be announced tomorrow, Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan told reporters in Kottayam today.
A former aide of Sudhakaran had yesterday alleged that the MP was involved in a "conspiracy" to murder Jayarajan in early 1990s.
CPI-M state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan, LDF opposition leaders and KPCC President Ramesh Chennithala had asked for an impartial probe into the revelation of Prashant Babu, a former accomplice of Sudhakaran.
Reacting to government decision to set up SIT, Jayarajan, MLA from Mattannur in Kannur district, said the probe should not be one to give `clean chit` to Sudhakaran.
It should be done to unearth the truth, he said.
Jayarajan was attacked in a train at Ongole in Andhra Pradesh in 1996 while he was returning from New Delhi after attending the Party Congress.
Talking to reporters at Alappuzha, Chennithala while asking for a probe into the issue said that Congress had nothing to hide in the matter.
"CPI-M, which had lost its image in the wake of RMP leader T P Chandrasekheran`s murder, is trying to divert the attention of the people," he said.
Several CPI-M workers were arrested in connection with the murder of Chandrasekheran that took place in May 5 in Oonchiyam in Kozhikode.
Meanwhile, CPI-M State Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan alleged that a section of media was trying to blackout the news on charges against Sudhakaran.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly