SIT to probe fake stamp paper scam
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Government has set up a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe the use of fake stamp papers in a sub-court here, which pointed at the possibility of a racket with possible inter-state links.
The issue came to light last week with a sub-judge drawing attention of the government to bogus stamp papers being used in filing certain affidavits in a case.
The SIT, headed by Thiruvananthapuram City Police Commissioner TJ Jose, would also probe possible inter-state link of the case.
Home Minister Thiruvanchur Radhakrishnan said if necessary, an inquiry by the National Investigation Agency would be sought, depending on the findings of the SIT.
Police on Monday searched the home of a lawyer`s clerk and two lawyers here as the stamp papers in which certain judicial submissions were made earlier this month were found prima facie bogus, police sources said.
The lawyer`s clerk under scanner was found to have connections with several lawyers and it could be possible that he might have made them use of bogus stamp papers in various cases, with or without the knowledge of the advocates, the sources said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre