SIT to probe fake stamp paper scam
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Government has set up a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe the use of fake stamp papers in a sub-court here, which pointed at the possibility of a racket with possible inter-state links.
The issue came to light last week with a sub-judge drawing attention of the government to bogus stamp papers being used in filing certain affidavits in a case.
The SIT, headed by Thiruvananthapuram City Police Commissioner TJ Jose, would also probe possible inter-state link of the case.
Home Minister Thiruvanchur Radhakrishnan said if necessary, an inquiry by the National Investigation Agency would be sought, depending on the findings of the SIT.
Police on Monday searched the home of a lawyer`s clerk and two lawyers here as the stamp papers in which certain judicial submissions were made earlier this month were found prima facie bogus, police sources said.
The lawyer`s clerk under scanner was found to have connections with several lawyers and it could be possible that he might have made them use of bogus stamp papers in various cases, with or without the knowledge of the advocates, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly