Six from Noida held for running fake recruitment agency
Kochi: Six persons from Noida have been arrested for running a fake recruitment agency here and cheating several engineering students of lakhs of rupees by promising them jobs in multi-national companies.
The accused, including a woman, were arrested yesterday for allegedly cheating 500 students through the fake campus recruitment agency, police said on Wednesday.
Students from engineering colleges in Palakkad, Kollam, Thiruvananthapuram, Bhopal, West Bengal and Coimbatore were victims of the accused, they said.
The fraud came to light after some students from different engineering colleges lodged complaint that they had been duped by the gang. Ninety complaints against the agency were received by police.
According to police, those selected in the campus recruitment had been asked to report at their office here on May 20 and pay a security deposit from Rs 25,000 to Rs 50,000.
When some of the students tried to contact the agency`s office in Delhi, they got to know that it had been closed down. Following which, they filed a complaint, police said.
Some of the students were also recruited to some non-existent companies, they added.
The accused, who had already booked their railway tickets to Delhi, were nabbed in time, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM