Six from Noida held for running fake recruitment agency
Kochi: Six persons from Noida have been arrested for running a fake recruitment agency here and cheating several engineering students of lakhs of rupees by promising them jobs in multi-national companies.
The accused, including a woman, were arrested yesterday for allegedly cheating 500 students through the fake campus recruitment agency, police said on Wednesday.
Students from engineering colleges in Palakkad, Kollam, Thiruvananthapuram, Bhopal, West Bengal and Coimbatore were victims of the accused, they said.
The fraud came to light after some students from different engineering colleges lodged complaint that they had been duped by the gang. Ninety complaints against the agency were received by police.
According to police, those selected in the campus recruitment had been asked to report at their office here on May 20 and pay a security deposit from Rs 25,000 to Rs 50,000.
When some of the students tried to contact the agency`s office in Delhi, they got to know that it had been closed down. Following which, they filed a complaint, police said.
Some of the students were also recruited to some non-existent companies, they added.
The accused, who had already booked their railway tickets to Delhi, were nabbed in time, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons