Six from Noida held for running fake recruitment agency
Kochi: Six persons from Noida have been arrested for running a fake recruitment agency here and cheating several engineering students of lakhs of rupees by promising them jobs in multi-national companies.
The accused, including a woman, were arrested yesterday for allegedly cheating 500 students through the fake campus recruitment agency, police said on Wednesday.
Students from engineering colleges in Palakkad, Kollam, Thiruvananthapuram, Bhopal, West Bengal and Coimbatore were victims of the accused, they said.
The fraud came to light after some students from different engineering colleges lodged complaint that they had been duped by the gang. Ninety complaints against the agency were received by police.
According to police, those selected in the campus recruitment had been asked to report at their office here on May 20 and pay a security deposit from Rs 25,000 to Rs 50,000.
When some of the students tried to contact the agency`s office in Delhi, they got to know that it had been closed down. Following which, they filed a complaint, police said.
Some of the students were also recruited to some non-existent companies, they added.
The accused, who had already booked their railway tickets to Delhi, were nabbed in time, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement