Slain ex-CPI-M leader’s wife denounces Marxists
Kozhikode: The wife of slain former CPI-M leader TP Chandrashekeran Sunday accused the CPI-M of trying to sabotage the first anniversary of his death.
Rema, a bank employee, told the media after visiting the site where a memorial erected in memory of her husband was found damaged by unidentified men overnight.
"This is the work of the CPI-M and it has got the support of the top brass," alleged Rema.
Chandrashekeran, 51, a popular local leader in Onchiyam, was killed May 4 last year while returning home on his motorcycle. He was hacked 51 times by a group of assailants.
The trial of the case is on at a court near here. Among the accused are more than a dozen district and state leaders of the Communist Party of India Marxist.
The memorial had been put up at the site where he was murdered. It was erected by activists of the Revolutionary Marxists Party (RMP), which was founded by Chandrashekeran after he quit the CPI-M.
Police have arrested two people following the desecration.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi