Slain ex-CPI-M leader’s wife denounces Marxists
Kozhikode: The wife of slain former CPI-M leader TP Chandrashekeran Sunday accused the CPI-M of trying to sabotage the first anniversary of his death.
Rema, a bank employee, told the media after visiting the site where a memorial erected in memory of her husband was found damaged by unidentified men overnight.
"This is the work of the CPI-M and it has got the support of the top brass," alleged Rema.
Chandrashekeran, 51, a popular local leader in Onchiyam, was killed May 4 last year while returning home on his motorcycle. He was hacked 51 times by a group of assailants.
The trial of the case is on at a court near here. Among the accused are more than a dozen district and state leaders of the Communist Party of India Marxist.
The memorial had been put up at the site where he was murdered. It was erected by activists of the Revolutionary Marxists Party (RMP), which was founded by Chandrashekeran after he quit the CPI-M.
Police have arrested two people following the desecration.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened