Slapping woman poll officer: 3 CPI-M workers surrender
Alappuzha: 3 CPI-M workers, including
a local committee secretary, on Thursday, surrendered before the
police in a case of alleged slapping of a woman presiding
officer during the Civic polls held last month.
Charge against them was that they slapped the woman
presiding officer at a booth in S.L Puram Government High
school at Marrarikulam in the district on October 25,
The partymen also allegedly snatched ballot boxes and created
trouble following a dispute over bogus voting.
The accused S Radhakrishnan, CPI-M Kannichikulagara Local
Committee secretary, and party workers Ramesan and Sajeev,
were remanded to judicial custody for 14 days by a local court
Three CPI-M activists had been already arrested by the
police in connection with the incident.
The Congress leaders in the district had earlier taken
up the matter with the National Commission for Women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress to hold legislature party meeting in Puducherry today, decision on CM candidate likely
- VHP president Praveen Togadia visits Bajrang Dal's 'self-defence' camp in Noida, defends arms training of activists
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! Not just AB de Villiers but wife Danielle too is multitalented
- Check rajresults.nic.in, rajeduboard.nic.in for Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 to be declared after 3 pm on May 28
- Mass rape video shocks Brazil as teen girl drugged, gang-raped by over 30 men in Rio