Slapping woman poll officer: 3 CPI-M workers surrender
Alappuzha: 3 CPI-M workers, including
a local committee secretary, on Thursday, surrendered before the
police in a case of alleged slapping of a woman presiding
officer during the Civic polls held last month.
Charge against them was that they slapped the woman
presiding officer at a booth in S.L Puram Government High
school at Marrarikulam in the district on October 25,
The partymen also allegedly snatched ballot boxes and created
trouble following a dispute over bogus voting.
The accused S Radhakrishnan, CPI-M Kannichikulagara Local
Committee secretary, and party workers Ramesan and Sajeev,
were remanded to judicial custody for 14 days by a local court
Three CPI-M activists had been already arrested by the
police in connection with the incident.
The Congress leaders in the district had earlier taken
up the matter with the National Commission for Women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?