Slapping woman poll officer: 3 CPI-M workers surrender
Alappuzha: 3 CPI-M workers, including
a local committee secretary, on Thursday, surrendered before the
police in a case of alleged slapping of a woman presiding
officer during the Civic polls held last month.
Charge against them was that they slapped the woman
presiding officer at a booth in S.L Puram Government High
school at Marrarikulam in the district on October 25,
The partymen also allegedly snatched ballot boxes and created
trouble following a dispute over bogus voting.
The accused S Radhakrishnan, CPI-M Kannichikulagara Local
Committee secretary, and party workers Ramesan and Sajeev,
were remanded to judicial custody for 14 days by a local court
Three CPI-M activists had been already arrested by the
police in connection with the incident.
The Congress leaders in the district had earlier taken
up the matter with the National Commission for Women.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Bezwada Wilson, T M Krishna win Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Caribbean Premier League eyes US ahead of T20 games
- Mayawati slur row: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh spotted in Jharkhand – See pics
- US mother thrashes daughter on Facebook Live –Know why
- Anuja Chauhan's next novel to be about men in uniform