Slapping woman poll officer: 3 CPI-M workers surrender
Alappuzha: 3 CPI-M workers, including
a local committee secretary, on Thursday, surrendered before the
police in a case of alleged slapping of a woman presiding
officer during the Civic polls held last month.
Charge against them was that they slapped the woman
presiding officer at a booth in S.L Puram Government High
school at Marrarikulam in the district on October 25,
The partymen also allegedly snatched ballot boxes and created
trouble following a dispute over bogus voting.
The accused S Radhakrishnan, CPI-M Kannichikulagara Local
Committee secretary, and party workers Ramesan and Sajeev,
were remanded to judicial custody for 14 days by a local court
Three CPI-M activists had been already arrested by the
police in connection with the incident.
The Congress leaders in the district had earlier taken
up the matter with the National Commission for Women.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah