Slapping woman poll officer: 3 CPI-M workers surrender
Alappuzha: 3 CPI-M workers, including
a local committee secretary, on Thursday, surrendered before the
police in a case of alleged slapping of a woman presiding
officer during the Civic polls held last month.
Charge against them was that they slapped the woman
presiding officer at a booth in S.L Puram Government High
school at Marrarikulam in the district on October 25,
The partymen also allegedly snatched ballot boxes and created
trouble following a dispute over bogus voting.
The accused S Radhakrishnan, CPI-M Kannichikulagara Local
Committee secretary, and party workers Ramesan and Sajeev,
were remanded to judicial custody for 14 days by a local court
Three CPI-M activists had been already arrested by the
police in connection with the incident.
The Congress leaders in the district had earlier taken
up the matter with the National Commission for Women.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you