Solar case accused Saritha hurls allegations at Congress MLA
Thiruvananthapuram: Solar case accused Saritha Nair, who is out on bail, on Monday came out with serious personal allegations against Congress MLA AP Abdullakutty which he refuted stoutly.
Saritha, one of the two accused in the solar scam rocking the UDF Government for over a year, alleged that the Congress legislator from Kannur used to frequently call her on phone and even invited her to a hotel in Thiruvananthapuram.
Saritha said she first came to know Abdullakutty in connection with a solar project in his constituency and since then he continued to call her on phone quite frequently.
"He used to call me frequently... At times, his language breached limits of modesty...Even he tried to contact me while I was remanded in prison," 35-year-old Saritha told reporters in Kochi.
When his reaction was sought, Abdullakutty dubbed the allegation as "totally unfounded”.
"Saritha appears to be acting as a tool in the hands of my opponents who are trying to finish me politically", said Abdullakutty, who was formerly with CPI(M) and was elected twice on the party ticket to Parliament before joining Congress.
After spending about nine months in prison in as many 33 solar scam related cases, Saritha had obtained bail in all the cases about a fortnight ago.
Two days ago, Saritha alleged that CPI(M) MLA Aysha Potti had helped co-accused Biju Radhakrishnan in a case relating to the death of his wife Reshmy. Potti had rejected the allegation as baseless.
The solar case pertains to cheating of huge amounts of money from many people by Saritha and Biju Radhakrishnan offering them solutions for setting up solar plants.
The case assumed a serious political dimension with one of the close personal aides of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy getting arrested in connection with the scam.
Opposition LDF has since then been alleging that Chandy`s office had involvement in the scam and wanted him to step down.
A judicial inquiry is on into the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader