Solar case accused Saritha hurls allegations at Congress MLA
Thiruvananthapuram: Solar case accused Saritha Nair, who is out on bail, on Monday came out with serious personal allegations against Congress MLA AP Abdullakutty which he refuted stoutly.
Saritha, one of the two accused in the solar scam rocking the UDF Government for over a year, alleged that the Congress legislator from Kannur used to frequently call her on phone and even invited her to a hotel in Thiruvananthapuram.
Saritha said she first came to know Abdullakutty in connection with a solar project in his constituency and since then he continued to call her on phone quite frequently.
"He used to call me frequently... At times, his language breached limits of modesty...Even he tried to contact me while I was remanded in prison," 35-year-old Saritha told reporters in Kochi.
When his reaction was sought, Abdullakutty dubbed the allegation as "totally unfounded”.
"Saritha appears to be acting as a tool in the hands of my opponents who are trying to finish me politically", said Abdullakutty, who was formerly with CPI(M) and was elected twice on the party ticket to Parliament before joining Congress.
After spending about nine months in prison in as many 33 solar scam related cases, Saritha had obtained bail in all the cases about a fortnight ago.
Two days ago, Saritha alleged that CPI(M) MLA Aysha Potti had helped co-accused Biju Radhakrishnan in a case relating to the death of his wife Reshmy. Potti had rejected the allegation as baseless.
The solar case pertains to cheating of huge amounts of money from many people by Saritha and Biju Radhakrishnan offering them solutions for setting up solar plants.
The case assumed a serious political dimension with one of the close personal aides of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy getting arrested in connection with the scam.
Opposition LDF has since then been alleging that Chandy`s office had involvement in the scam and wanted him to step down.
A judicial inquiry is on into the scam.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured