Solar case accused Saritha hurls allegations at Congress MLA
Thiruvananthapuram: Solar case accused Saritha Nair, who is out on bail, on Monday came out with serious personal allegations against Congress MLA AP Abdullakutty which he refuted stoutly.
Saritha, one of the two accused in the solar scam rocking the UDF Government for over a year, alleged that the Congress legislator from Kannur used to frequently call her on phone and even invited her to a hotel in Thiruvananthapuram.
Saritha said she first came to know Abdullakutty in connection with a solar project in his constituency and since then he continued to call her on phone quite frequently.
"He used to call me frequently... At times, his language breached limits of modesty...Even he tried to contact me while I was remanded in prison," 35-year-old Saritha told reporters in Kochi.
When his reaction was sought, Abdullakutty dubbed the allegation as "totally unfounded”.
"Saritha appears to be acting as a tool in the hands of my opponents who are trying to finish me politically", said Abdullakutty, who was formerly with CPI(M) and was elected twice on the party ticket to Parliament before joining Congress.
After spending about nine months in prison in as many 33 solar scam related cases, Saritha had obtained bail in all the cases about a fortnight ago.
Two days ago, Saritha alleged that CPI(M) MLA Aysha Potti had helped co-accused Biju Radhakrishnan in a case relating to the death of his wife Reshmy. Potti had rejected the allegation as baseless.
The solar case pertains to cheating of huge amounts of money from many people by Saritha and Biju Radhakrishnan offering them solutions for setting up solar plants.
The case assumed a serious political dimension with one of the close personal aides of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy getting arrested in connection with the scam.
Opposition LDF has since then been alleging that Chandy`s office had involvement in the scam and wanted him to step down.
A judicial inquiry is on into the scam.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore