Solar panel scam: Court records statement of prime accused
Kochi: The Ernakulam Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Court (Economic Offences) on Saturday recorded in camera the statement of Saritha S Nair, the prime accused in the Solar Panel scam case.
This was following a request from Saritha who was produced in the court this morning.
Saritha then informed the court that she wanted to get her statement recorded in camera following which the case was posted again to 1.30 pm today.
The ACJM N Raju recorded her statement in a closed court room in the presence of her lawyer.
The court has given strict instructions saying that the contents of the statement should not be revealed.
Her lawyer Fenny Balakrishnan had earlier told reporters that the accused had fears for her life as several higher ups were allegedly involved in the scam. He had said she would reveal the names of other accused in the scam.
Another accused in the scam Biju Radhakrishnan was also produced in the court. He filed a statement stating that there were threats to his life and needed protection.
The court asked Police commissioner and Jail superintendent to give him necessary protection.
The scam pertains to alleged fraudulent deals running into crores of rupees indulged in by a firm run by Biju and Saritha by duping clients for solar panel installation schemes.
Saritha and Biju Radhakrishnan were remanded to 14 days judicial custody and taken to Pathnamthitta Jail.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened