Solar panel scam: `Kerala govt not averse to including CM`s office under probe`
Thiruvananthapuram: Under attack from CPI(M)- led LDF opposition over the solar panel scam, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday, indicated the government was not averse to including the Chief Minister`s office under the ambit of the judicial probe into the scam.
"Government has nothing to hide and it would take a transparent stance while finalising the terms and reference of the probe", Chandy told reporters during cabinet briefing here.
He flayed the opposition resolve not have a dialogue with government to finalise the terms and references of the probe.
The oppositioin had failed to establish any of the charges they levelled against the CM`s office or to link it with the scam, he said.
"If they had given their suggestions by now, todays` cabinet meeting would have taken a decision on it. It was the responsibility of the government to prove to the people that it had not done anything wrong", Chandy said.
While announcing the decision last week to hold a judicial probe in the scam, Chandy had stated the terms of reference of the probe would be finalised after getting suggestions from the opposition which wanted to include the CM`s office under the purview of the probe.
Chandy`s statement comes in the background of LDF`s decision to intensify its agitation demanding his resignation.
Meanwhile a LDF sub-committee formed to work out its suggestion on the probe decided to insist on inclusion of both Chandy and the CM`s office under the ambit of the probe.
The committee opined there would be no point in the judicial probe if the Chief Minister and his office were not included in its ambit.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL