Solar panel scam: Three petitions come up before HC
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Friday partially heard the anticipatory bail application of state Public Relations Director, A Firoz, who has been suspended in connection with the solar panel scam case.
The government strongly opposed the anticipatory bail application, saying if bail is granted to a high official, he will tamper with evidence and influence the witnesses.
Justice S S Sateeshchandran, before whom the petition came up, posted the case to July 15 for further hearing.
Firoz was suspended for his alleged involvement in a financial cheating case along with Saritha S Nair and Biju Radhakrishnan, main accused in the solar scam case.
The bail plea of Tenny Joppen, former private secretary to chief minister, Oommen Chandy, also came up. Joppen was arrested in connection with the solar scam case.
When the petition came up, Advocate General K P Dandapani sought for adjournment, saying he needed more time to study the case diary. It has been posted to Tuesday next.
The anticipatory bail plea of Rajammal, mother of Biju Radhakrishnan, in connection with the death of Biju`s first wife Rashmi, also came up before the court. The petition was adjourned for next week.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!