Solar panel scam: Three petitions come up before HC
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Friday partially heard the anticipatory bail application of state Public Relations Director, A Firoz, who has been suspended in connection with the solar panel scam case.
The government strongly opposed the anticipatory bail application, saying if bail is granted to a high official, he will tamper with evidence and influence the witnesses.
Justice S S Sateeshchandran, before whom the petition came up, posted the case to July 15 for further hearing.
Firoz was suspended for his alleged involvement in a financial cheating case along with Saritha S Nair and Biju Radhakrishnan, main accused in the solar scam case.
The bail plea of Tenny Joppen, former private secretary to chief minister, Oommen Chandy, also came up. Joppen was arrested in connection with the solar scam case.
When the petition came up, Advocate General K P Dandapani sought for adjournment, saying he needed more time to study the case diary. It has been posted to Tuesday next.
The anticipatory bail plea of Rajammal, mother of Biju Radhakrishnan, in connection with the death of Biju`s first wife Rashmi, also came up before the court. The petition was adjourned for next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea