Solar panel scam: Three petitions come up before HC
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Friday partially heard the anticipatory bail application of state Public Relations Director, A Firoz, who has been suspended in connection with the solar panel scam case.
The government strongly opposed the anticipatory bail application, saying if bail is granted to a high official, he will tamper with evidence and influence the witnesses.
Justice S S Sateeshchandran, before whom the petition came up, posted the case to July 15 for further hearing.
Firoz was suspended for his alleged involvement in a financial cheating case along with Saritha S Nair and Biju Radhakrishnan, main accused in the solar scam case.
The bail plea of Tenny Joppen, former private secretary to chief minister, Oommen Chandy, also came up. Joppen was arrested in connection with the solar scam case.
When the petition came up, Advocate General K P Dandapani sought for adjournment, saying he needed more time to study the case diary. It has been posted to Tuesday next.
The anticipatory bail plea of Rajammal, mother of Biju Radhakrishnan, in connection with the death of Biju`s first wife Rashmi, also came up before the court. The petition was adjourned for next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off