Solar panel scam: Three petitions come up before HC
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Friday partially heard the anticipatory bail application of state Public Relations Director, A Firoz, who has been suspended in connection with the solar panel scam case.
The government strongly opposed the anticipatory bail application, saying if bail is granted to a high official, he will tamper with evidence and influence the witnesses.
Justice S S Sateeshchandran, before whom the petition came up, posted the case to July 15 for further hearing.
Firoz was suspended for his alleged involvement in a financial cheating case along with Saritha S Nair and Biju Radhakrishnan, main accused in the solar scam case.
The bail plea of Tenny Joppen, former private secretary to chief minister, Oommen Chandy, also came up. Joppen was arrested in connection with the solar scam case.
When the petition came up, Advocate General K P Dandapani sought for adjournment, saying he needed more time to study the case diary. It has been posted to Tuesday next.
The anticipatory bail plea of Rajammal, mother of Biju Radhakrishnan, in connection with the death of Biju`s first wife Rashmi, also came up before the court. The petition was adjourned for next week.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read