Solar power scandal: BJP demands resignation of Kerala CM
New Delhi: The BJP on Saturday demanded the resignation of Kerala Chief Minister Oomen Chandy for his alleged involvement in the solar power scandal that has rocked the southern state.
BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said her party`s Kerala unit has already demanded Chandy`s resignation and she reiterates the demand.
"Chandy should resign immediately as the needle of suspicion points towards him," she said.
Sarita Nair, the main accused in the scandal, is already under arrest.
Sitharaman said Chandy`s close associates Thomas Kuruvilla and Tenny Jopan had made phone calls from the office of the Chief Minister to Nair and other persons involved in the scam.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you