Solar power scandal: BJP demands resignation of Kerala CM
New Delhi: The BJP on Saturday demanded the resignation of Kerala Chief Minister Oomen Chandy for his alleged involvement in the solar power scandal that has rocked the southern state.
BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said her party`s Kerala unit has already demanded Chandy`s resignation and she reiterates the demand.
"Chandy should resign immediately as the needle of suspicion points towards him," she said.
Sarita Nair, the main accused in the scandal, is already under arrest.
Sitharaman said Chandy`s close associates Thomas Kuruvilla and Tenny Jopan had made phone calls from the office of the Chief Minister to Nair and other persons involved in the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren