Solar power scandal: BJP demands resignation of Kerala CM
New Delhi: The BJP on Saturday demanded the resignation of Kerala Chief Minister Oomen Chandy for his alleged involvement in the solar power scandal that has rocked the southern state.
BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said her party`s Kerala unit has already demanded Chandy`s resignation and she reiterates the demand.
"Chandy should resign immediately as the needle of suspicion points towards him," she said.
Sarita Nair, the main accused in the scandal, is already under arrest.
Sitharaman said Chandy`s close associates Thomas Kuruvilla and Tenny Jopan had made phone calls from the office of the Chief Minister to Nair and other persons involved in the scam.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site