Solar power scandal: BJP demands resignation of Kerala CM
New Delhi: The BJP on Saturday demanded the resignation of Kerala Chief Minister Oomen Chandy for his alleged involvement in the solar power scandal that has rocked the southern state.
BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said her party`s Kerala unit has already demanded Chandy`s resignation and she reiterates the demand.
"Chandy should resign immediately as the needle of suspicion points towards him," she said.
Sarita Nair, the main accused in the scandal, is already under arrest.
Sitharaman said Chandy`s close associates Thomas Kuruvilla and Tenny Jopan had made phone calls from the office of the Chief Minister to Nair and other persons involved in the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India