Solar scam: Full court rejects govt`s plea for sitting judge
Kochi: A full court meeting of the Kerala High Court judges on Monday declined the state government`s plea to provide the services of a sitting judge for probing the solar panel scam.
This is the second time that the high court has turned down the government`s request to provide it the services of a sitting judge for the scam. The request was earlier declined due to the paucity of sitting judges and considering the workload of the high court.
Chief Justice Manjula Chellur also participated in today`s meeting held in the evening.
The full court`s decision will be conveyed to the government by the Registrar Secretary of the high court.
The scam pertains to alleged cheating of scores of people by accused Biju Radhakrishnan and Saritha Nair, both under arrest, by offering clients solar energy solutions. They allegedly flaunted their clout with the CM`s office to dupe the clients of huge sums.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends