Solar scam: Kerala CM Chandy promises to punish guilty
Thiruvanthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Saturday assured that stringent punishment would be given to those found guilty in the solar panels supply and execution scam.
“There is nothing. The government has already appointed a high-level investigation team. There are doing a very good work; no culprits will escape from this. All the persons those who are guilty they will be punished definitely,” he told the media here.
The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M)-led Left Democratic Front (LDF) in Kerala staged state-wide protest rallies over a demand for Chandy’s resignation for his alleged role in a scam involving the manufacture and sale of solar panels.
The LDF has sought a judicial probe in the matter.
The solar scam pertains to cheating several persons amounting to crores of rupees by Saritha Nair and her accomplice Biju Radhakrishnan by offering solar panel solutions.
It took a political turn with the arrest of one of Chandy’s close personal aides, who has alleged links with the accused. Two other employees in his personal staff have also been removed in connection with the scam.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray