Solar scam: LDF to blockade Kerala CM`s residence
Thiruvananthapuram: Stepping up its campaign over the solar scam, CPI(M)-led LDF in Kerala has threatened to lay siege to the official residence of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy from December 9 to press for his resignation.
The LDF state committee, which met here last evening, also decided to organise two regional rallies to cover the state`s northern and southern districts from November 1 to 13 over the same issue.
According to LDF convener Vaikom Viswan, CPI(M)politburo member Kodiyeri Balakrishnan and CPI leader C Divakaran will lead the northern and southern rallies respectively.
LDF has been on collision course with UDF Government for the last several months on the solar scam, which pertains to financial cheating by the accused in the case, Biju Radhakrishnan and Saritha Nair, offering solar energy solutions to their clients.
The LDF allegation is that Chandy and his office had favoured the accused to cast their net far and wide and garner huge sums from their clients. A staff member in Chandy`s office was among those arrested in connection with the case.
In August, LDF had laid siege to the government secretariat here on the issue and it was withdrawn after the government agreed to order a judicial probe into the scam.
The LDF later expressed dissatisfaction over the terms-of-reference of the probe holding that the Chief Minister`s Office had been kept out from its ambit.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city