Sonia Gandhi launches `zero landless` scheme in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Congress president Sonia Gandhi Monday launched a "zero landless" scheme here to ensure that one lakh families in Kerala get to own land by 2015.
"This is a historic moment as the ultimate dream of everyone is to own a piece of land," Gandhi told a meeting after inaugurating the programme.
"By 2015 in Kerala, this (wish) will be fulfilled. Kerala will be the first state in the country to have achieved this," she said.
Under the scheme, all the targeted one lakh families in Kerala will own at least three cents (one acre is 100 cents) of land by 2015.
"A piece of land and a home, if owned by all, will bring happiness to the state and country," Gandhi said.
She distributed title deeds to some of the beneficiaries.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape