Sonia Gandhi launches `zero landless` scheme in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Congress president Sonia Gandhi Monday launched a "zero landless" scheme here to ensure that one lakh families in Kerala get to own land by 2015.
"This is a historic moment as the ultimate dream of everyone is to own a piece of land," Gandhi told a meeting after inaugurating the programme.
"By 2015 in Kerala, this (wish) will be fulfilled. Kerala will be the first state in the country to have achieved this," she said.
Under the scheme, all the targeted one lakh families in Kerala will own at least three cents (one acre is 100 cents) of land by 2015.
"A piece of land and a home, if owned by all, will bring happiness to the state and country," Gandhi said.
She distributed title deeds to some of the beneficiaries.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Who said what on Anil Kumble's appointment as Team India's head coach
- 78 dead, 200 badly hurt in extreme weather in eastern China
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report