Sonia Gandhi launches `zero landless` scheme in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Congress president Sonia Gandhi Monday launched a "zero landless" scheme here to ensure that one lakh families in Kerala get to own land by 2015.
"This is a historic moment as the ultimate dream of everyone is to own a piece of land," Gandhi told a meeting after inaugurating the programme.
"By 2015 in Kerala, this (wish) will be fulfilled. Kerala will be the first state in the country to have achieved this," she said.
Under the scheme, all the targeted one lakh families in Kerala will own at least three cents (one acre is 100 cents) of land by 2015.
"A piece of land and a home, if owned by all, will bring happiness to the state and country," Gandhi said.
She distributed title deeds to some of the beneficiaries.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa