South-west monsoon active over Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: South-west monsoon has been active over Kerala. Rain occurred at isolated places in Lakshadweep.
According to meteorology sources here, heavy to very heavy rainfall reports in cm are Vaithri 33, Nilambur 17, Palakkad and Mannarkkad 10 each. Irikkur and Mananthavady 9 each. Vellanikkara 8, Vadakara and Vadakkachery 7 each. Another 38 stations reported rainfall of 6-1 cm.
Forecast valid until the morning of August 9, rain or thunder showers will occur at most places in Kerala and at isolated places in Lakshadweep.
Heavy rainfall warning: Heavy rainfall will occur at isolated places in Kerala during next 48 hours, outlook for subsequent two days no significant change.
Fishermen warning: Strong onshore winds from North-westernly direction speed occasionally reaching 45-55 KMPH is likely along and off Kerala coast and over Lakshadweep area during next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly