South-west monsoon has been active over Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: South-west monsoon has been active over Kerala. Rain occurred at most places in Lakshadweep. Munnar & Vythiri reported an isolated heavy rainfall of 7 cm each.
According to meteorology sources here, other chief amounts of rainfall reported in cm are Piravom 6, Alappuzha, Cherthala,Idukki,Peerumadu,Thodupuzha,Kanjirappally & Thiruvalla 5 each. CIAL Kochi, Kannur, Thalacherry, Palakkad, Kuppady, Vadakara, Irijalakuda & Kozha 4 each. Another 47 stations reported an isolated rainfall of 1-3 cm.
Forecast valid until the morning of September 6, rain or thunder showers will occur at most places in Kerala and at many places in Lakshadweep.
Heavy rainfall warning: heavy rainfall will occur at isolated places in Kerala during next 48 hours, outlook no significant change.
Fishermen warning: Strong onshore winds from westernly direction speed occasionally reaching 45-55 KMPH is likely along and off Kerala coast and over Lakshadweep area during next 24 hours.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors