South-west monsoon has been active over Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: South-west monsoon has been active over Kerala. Rain occurred at most places in Lakshadweep. Munnar & Vythiri reported an isolated heavy rainfall of 7 cm each.
According to meteorology sources here, other chief amounts of rainfall reported in cm are Piravom 6, Alappuzha, Cherthala,Idukki,Peerumadu,Thodupuzha,Kanjirappally & Thiruvalla 5 each. CIAL Kochi, Kannur, Thalacherry, Palakkad, Kuppady, Vadakara, Irijalakuda & Kozha 4 each. Another 47 stations reported an isolated rainfall of 1-3 cm.
Forecast valid until the morning of September 6, rain or thunder showers will occur at most places in Kerala and at many places in Lakshadweep.
Heavy rainfall warning: heavy rainfall will occur at isolated places in Kerala during next 48 hours, outlook no significant change.
Fishermen warning: Strong onshore winds from westernly direction speed occasionally reaching 45-55 KMPH is likely along and off Kerala coast and over Lakshadweep area during next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder