South-west monsoon has been active over Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: South-west monsoon has been active over Kerala. Rain occurred at most places in Lakshadweep. Munnar & Vythiri reported an isolated heavy rainfall of 7 cm each.
According to meteorology sources here, other chief amounts of rainfall reported in cm are Piravom 6, Alappuzha, Cherthala,Idukki,Peerumadu,Thodupuzha,Kanjirappally & Thiruvalla 5 each. CIAL Kochi, Kannur, Thalacherry, Palakkad, Kuppady, Vadakara, Irijalakuda & Kozha 4 each. Another 47 stations reported an isolated rainfall of 1-3 cm.
Forecast valid until the morning of September 6, rain or thunder showers will occur at most places in Kerala and at many places in Lakshadweep.
Heavy rainfall warning: heavy rainfall will occur at isolated places in Kerala during next 48 hours, outlook no significant change.
Fishermen warning: Strong onshore winds from westernly direction speed occasionally reaching 45-55 KMPH is likely along and off Kerala coast and over Lakshadweep area during next 24 hours.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note