South-west monsoon has been active over Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: South-west monsoon has been active over Kerala. Rain occurred at most places in Lakshadweep. Munnar & Vythiri reported an isolated heavy rainfall of 7 cm each.
According to meteorology sources here, other chief amounts of rainfall reported in cm are Piravom 6, Alappuzha, Cherthala,Idukki,Peerumadu,Thodupuzha,Kanjirappally & Thiruvalla 5 each. CIAL Kochi, Kannur, Thalacherry, Palakkad, Kuppady, Vadakara, Irijalakuda & Kozha 4 each. Another 47 stations reported an isolated rainfall of 1-3 cm.
Forecast valid until the morning of September 6, rain or thunder showers will occur at most places in Kerala and at many places in Lakshadweep.
Heavy rainfall warning: heavy rainfall will occur at isolated places in Kerala during next 48 hours, outlook no significant change.
Fishermen warning: Strong onshore winds from westernly direction speed occasionally reaching 45-55 KMPH is likely along and off Kerala coast and over Lakshadweep area during next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer