Speaker pulls up minister over `liquor` remark
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Assembly Speaker
K Radhakrishnan on Sunday expressed strong reservation over the
controversial remark of state Health Minister PK Sreemathi
that there were even instances of MLAs coming to the house
having taken drinks.
"The minister herself has stated that it was due to her
misunderstanding that she said that. Still, my stand is that
she should not have made such a comment. This is my position
on the issue as the Speaker", Radhakrishnan told reporters
Sreemathi had made the comment during a meeting at Kannur
last week, sparking protests from various quarters.
Last night she withdrew the statement holding that it was
due to her misunderstanding that she made such a remark.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal