Speaker`s prior permission not needed in arresting any MLA: Kerala Speaker
Kannur: Prior permission of the Speaker is not needed in arresting any MLAs, Kerala Assembly Speaker G Karthikeyan said on Wednesday.
In a brief talk with reporters here, Karthikeyan said consent of the Speaker was needed if the arrest, happening legally was carried out inside the assembly or in its vicinity.
Karthikeyan said anybody could be arrested if there is evidence against him. After the arrest, police should intimate it to the Speaker as per law, he said.
Kannur town Police have registered a case against LDF MLAs C Krishnan of Payyannoor and K K Narayanan of Dharmadom in connection with the stone pelting on Chief minister Oommen Chandy last Sunday.
Cases have been registered against several LDF activists in connection with the incident.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Govt should resist urge of control everything: Arun Jaitley
- Sushma Swaraj can't give verdict on 'future of Kashmir': Pakistan
- Over 90% of 4.75 lakh candidates appear in NEET II exam
- GM re-evaluates India investment, new car platform on hold
- Raunchiest Olympics ever: Record number of condoms for 2016 Rio athletes