Special security arrangements at Sabarimala
Sabarimala: Security has been strengthened at the Lord Ayyappa shrine here and nearby areas in view of the 20th anniversary of Babri-Masjid demolition on Thursday.
As part of the security steps, after closure of the sanctum sanctorum on Wednesday, pilgrims will not be allowed to proceed to the `Sopanam` (holy steps).
The entry to the Sopanam area will start only by 4 am tomorrow after the temple`s opening.
Pilgrims will not be allowed to open their `Irumudi` (sacred bundle) on the Sopanam premises.
Security personnel would check the ghee containers meant for `Neyyabhishekam` (ghee offering), if necessary through the scanner, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers