Special security arrangements at Sabarimala
Sabarimala: Security has been strengthened at the Lord Ayyappa shrine here and nearby areas in view of the 20th anniversary of Babri-Masjid demolition on Thursday.
As part of the security steps, after closure of the sanctum sanctorum on Wednesday, pilgrims will not be allowed to proceed to the `Sopanam` (holy steps).
The entry to the Sopanam area will start only by 4 am tomorrow after the temple`s opening.
Pilgrims will not be allowed to open their `Irumudi` (sacred bundle) on the Sopanam premises.
Security personnel would check the ghee containers meant for `Neyyabhishekam` (ghee offering), if necessary through the scanner, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested