Special security arrangements at Sabarimala
Sabarimala: Security has been strengthened at the Lord Ayyappa shrine here and nearby areas in view of the 20th anniversary of Babri-Masjid demolition on Thursday.
As part of the security steps, after closure of the sanctum sanctorum on Wednesday, pilgrims will not be allowed to proceed to the `Sopanam` (holy steps).
The entry to the Sopanam area will start only by 4 am tomorrow after the temple`s opening.
Pilgrims will not be allowed to open their `Irumudi` (sacred bundle) on the Sopanam premises.
Security personnel would check the ghee containers meant for `Neyyabhishekam` (ghee offering), if necessary through the scanner, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Withdraw MPIC land pooling notification, demand YSRC, Left
- Sheena Bora murder case: Khanna wasn't present during crime, his alibi, lawyers say
- Dengue cases jump to 90 in Delhi, 40 cases last week
- UNBELIEVABLE! Cristiano Ronaldo to have an international airport named after him
- Islamic State group claims second German attack in a week