Special security arrangements at Sabarimala
Sabarimala: Security has been strengthened at the Lord Ayyappa shrine here and nearby areas in view of the 20th anniversary of Babri-Masjid demolition on Thursday.
As part of the security steps, after closure of the sanctum sanctorum on Wednesday, pilgrims will not be allowed to proceed to the `Sopanam` (holy steps).
The entry to the Sopanam area will start only by 4 am tomorrow after the temple`s opening.
Pilgrims will not be allowed to open their `Irumudi` (sacred bundle) on the Sopanam premises.
Security personnel would check the ghee containers meant for `Neyyabhishekam` (ghee offering), if necessary through the scanner, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Xiaomi launches Qicycle, a foldable electric smart bike
- Manoj Bajpayee's 'Budhia Singh – Born to run' showcases the spirit of world's youngest marathon from Odisha – Watch
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features