Special security arrangements at Sabarimala
Sabarimala: Security has been strengthened at the Lord Ayyappa shrine here and nearby areas in view of the 20th anniversary of Babri-Masjid demolition on Thursday.
As part of the security steps, after closure of the sanctum sanctorum on Wednesday, pilgrims will not be allowed to proceed to the `Sopanam` (holy steps).
The entry to the Sopanam area will start only by 4 am tomorrow after the temple`s opening.
Pilgrims will not be allowed to open their `Irumudi` (sacred bundle) on the Sopanam premises.
Security personnel would check the ghee containers meant for `Neyyabhishekam` (ghee offering), if necessary through the scanner, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company