Special UDF meet to clear doubts about investor meet
Thiruvananthapuram: The ruling Congress-led United Democratic Front in Kerala has called a special meeting on Thursday to clear all doubts and allegations levelled by the opposition about the "Emerging Kerala 2012" investment meet this month.
"The UDF is meeting here on Thursday evening and there we will take stock of the needless controversy. We will never ever compromise the interest of the state and that has been made clear at the outset itself," said a top UDF leader who did not wish to be identified.
VS Achuthanandan, the leader of opposition, on Monday shot off a letter to Chief Minister Oomen Chandy expressing fears on the manner in which this investor meet is being held.
Earlier, he had alleged that meet would lead to nothing but corruption as the Chandy government is interested only giving land to the cash-rich companies in the guise of bringing in investment.
But Chandy has said: "We are here to explain to all what we are going to do in the most transparent manner and what has happened now is a section is coming up with baseless allegations which have no merit. We will certainly interact with anyone who has any fears."
What has also surprised many is that a few Congress legislators in a blog have said they are for the investor meet but the investments should not degrade environment in the state.
But chief whip PC George said: "Some people are upset in a golf course that`s coming up in the most picturesque destination in Wagamon, a hill station area. Let someone tell me how will a golf course bring about environment degradation."
Around 52 countries have confirmed their participation in the meet to be held in Kochi from September 12-14, which would be inaugurated by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Projects of 20 different sectors will be showcased during the meet.
Industries Minister PK Kunhalikutty said: "What we have done is broadly identified sectors and the projects will be analysed threadbare. We will certainly discuss with Achuthanandan to clear his doubts."
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video