Sri Krishna statue leaves for Guruvayoor
Mathura: Sri Krishna, the presiding deity of Braj Dhaam here, has been taken to the famed Guryayoor temple in Kerala.
A dozen priests from the Krishna temple in Kerala Wednesday evening set out with the god`s silver statue from the Sri Krishna Janambhoomi campus amid religious cries and devotional songs.
The statue was brought from Guruvayoor to Mathura. The priests from Kerala were headed by Dinesh Namboodiripad.The statue will touch Vrindavan, Goverdhan and major temples in Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu before reaching Kerala by the end of the month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police