Sri Krishna statue leaves for Guruvayoor
Mathura: Sri Krishna, the presiding deity of Braj Dhaam here, has been taken to the famed Guryayoor temple in Kerala.
A dozen priests from the Krishna temple in Kerala Wednesday evening set out with the god`s silver statue from the Sri Krishna Janambhoomi campus amid religious cries and devotional songs.
The statue was brought from Guruvayoor to Mathura. The priests from Kerala were headed by Dinesh Namboodiripad.The statue will touch Vrindavan, Goverdhan and major temples in Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu before reaching Kerala by the end of the month.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video