SSLC question papers leak case: 2 get 3-yr jail
Ernakulam: Two women have been sentenced to three years imprisonment and fined Rs 30,000 each by a special CBI court here for their involvement in leakage
of Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) question papers.
The convicts -- Bindu Vijayan and Sindhu Surendran -- were found guilty under different sections of IPC for entering into a criminal conspiracy with a help of another person in January 2005 to steal the question papers of SSLC Examination, a CBI release said today.
The conspiracy had been hatched to facilitate the clearing of SSLC Examination by the son of Vijayan, it said.
"In furtherance of the conspiracy, Sindhu Surendran asked a casual employee of M/s Viswanathan (Printers and Publishers) Pvt Ltd, Chennai, where the question papers of SSLC Examination 2005 were printed, to steal the question papers from the printing press and to hand them over to her.”
"The casual employee stole the question papers of the Model Examination of SSLC Examination in February 2005 and SSLC Examination of March 2005 and handed them over to Surendran at Chennai, who sent them by courier from Chennai to Bindhu Vijayan`s residence at Trivandrum," it said.
Vijayan prepared her son for the tests on the basis of the question papers, it said, adding that the boy in turn circulated their photocopies to some of his friends.
The CBI had filed the charge sheet against both the accused in April 2007 in a court here. "The court found both the accused guilty and convicted them," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo