Stalin still a model for Kerala CPI(M): Antony
Neyyattinkara (Ker): Mounting an attack on the CPI(M), Defence Minister and senior Congress leader A K Antony on Wednesday said the party still had `Stalinists` which was the reason for recurrence of political murders in the state.
"Unfortunately Stalin is still a role model for a section in the CPI(M) in Kerala. They follow him (the Soviet dictator) as their model in the organisational functioning", Antony, here to campaign for the Congress candidate in the June 2 assembly by-poll from Neyyattinakara, told reporters.
"Stalin`s ideals have been discarded world over. But here a section in the party still practises them and this is what leads to political murders", he asserted.
He was referring to the recent murder of Marxist rebel and RMP leader T P Chandrasekharan in Kozhikode district. Several CPI(M) activists have been arrested in connection with the case putting the party on the defensive.
Antony said Chandrasekharan`s killing was the latest in a series of political murders which shook the conscience of Kerala society.
"Let this be the last such murder and the CPI(M) cadre as well as people as a whole should take the by-poll as an opportunity to register their protest against the politics of violence", he said.
On the outburst of CPI(M) veteran V S Achuthanandan against the "official" leadership of the party, Antony said, "only time will prove if VS will stand by his words".
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened