Stamp to mark Pope John Paul`s India visit silver jubilee
Thrissur: Indian postal department will on Sunday release a special stamp to commemorate the 25th anniversary of then Pope, John Paul II`s visit to the country.
The "Special Day Postal Cover", released in association with the archdiocese of Thrissur, depicts a frontal view of the Basilica of Our Lady of Doulours, Thrissur.
The cover also has a postal cachet mark (design) of the rostrum used by John Paul II during his visit to Thrissur.
Chief Post Master General (Kerala circle) Shobha Koshy will release the stamp by presenting the first cover to Reverend Andrews Thazhath, archbishop of Thrissur.
A stamp and coin exhibition also began on Friday in the basilica premises to mark the occasion. It will last will Sunday.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH