Stars who campaigned for UDF face `red wrath`
Thiruvananthapuram: Malayalam movie actors who campaigned for the Congress-led opposition have had their posters torn or blackened in Kerala`s Kollam district, allegedly by Marxist cadres.
Those who faced the `red wrath` included superstar Suresh Gopi, Jayaram, Dileep and Kavya Madhavan.
They had campaigned for filmstar-turned-politician KB Ganesh Kumar of the Kerala Congress (B), a member of the Congress-led United Democratic Front (UDF).
Ganesh is seeking a hat-trick win at Pathanapuram in Kollam district. He is pitted against Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) Kollam district secretary K Rajagopal.
Reports from the area say that posters of latest releases like "China Town" and "Christian Bothers" involving the actors were found torn Monday.
CPI-M MP KN Balagopal denied his party was to blame. "We condemn it. Maybe what happened (was) a spontaneous reaction," he said.
Comedian and character actor Jagdeesh, who also campaigned for the UDF, reacted differently. "Any publicity is good for a new film!"
Kavya Madhavan, who has returned to the industry after a break, was reportedly booed by youth wing activists of the CPI-M at Karunagapally in Kollam district.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi