Stars who campaigned for UDF face `red wrath`
Thiruvananthapuram: Malayalam movie actors who campaigned for the Congress-led opposition have had their posters torn or blackened in Kerala`s Kollam district, allegedly by Marxist cadres.
Those who faced the `red wrath` included superstar Suresh Gopi, Jayaram, Dileep and Kavya Madhavan.
They had campaigned for filmstar-turned-politician KB Ganesh Kumar of the Kerala Congress (B), a member of the Congress-led United Democratic Front (UDF).
Ganesh is seeking a hat-trick win at Pathanapuram in Kollam district. He is pitted against Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) Kollam district secretary K Rajagopal.
Reports from the area say that posters of latest releases like "China Town" and "Christian Bothers" involving the actors were found torn Monday.
CPI-M MP KN Balagopal denied his party was to blame. "We condemn it. Maybe what happened (was) a spontaneous reaction," he said.
Comedian and character actor Jagdeesh, who also campaigned for the UDF, reacted differently. "Any publicity is good for a new film!"
Kavya Madhavan, who has returned to the industry after a break, was reportedly booed by youth wing activists of the CPI-M at Karunagapally in Kollam district.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back