State govt takes over 50% medical PG seats in SFMC
Thiruvananthapuram: Seeking to end the row
over admission to post graduate courses in self-financing
medical colleges in Kerala, the UDF government has taken over
50 per cent of seats as the state quota to be filled from the
state entrance rank list.
The government issued the order in this regard yesterday
in the wake of a raging controversy over the matter, which
assumed a serious dimension with reports of children of two
ministers obtaining management quota seats in SFMCs.
Through its order the government quashed admissions made
by 10 SMFCs on its own to seats outside the management quota.
The fee structure for the state quota seat would be fixed
later, it said.
With the issue snowballing, Education Minister P K Abdu
Rabb yesterday announced his son would give up the PG seat
obtained at a SFMC in Thrissur.
Facing a similar situation, Health Minister Adoor Prakash
had earlier this week decided to give up the seat allotted for
his daughter in an SFMC.
The opposition CPI(M) also faced embarrassment as the
daughter of its youth wing leader V V Rameshan was all set to
get a seat in the Co-operative Medical College at Pariyaram in
Kannur district in NRI quota.
Apparently under pressure, Rameshan yesterday said his
daughter would withdraw her application.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi