State govts to help regulate illegal migration: Ravi
New Delhi: Overseas Indian Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi Thursday called on state governments to partner his ministry in helping regulate illegal migration of workers from the country.
"The state governments should prosecute fraudulent recruiting and travel agents with the efficient use of the state police," Ravi said inaugurating the third annual consultation meeting with the state governments.
The two-day event will deliberate on various emigration and diaspora-related matters.
The sessions will focus mainly on promotion of overseas employment opportunities by the state governments, creating facilities for skill upgradation and pre-departure orientation and awareness campaigns by state governments in partnership with the overseas Indian affairs ministry.
Grant of voting rights to NRIs, quick redressal of their property-related grievances and tracing the roots and the Know India Programme for the diaspora will also be on the agenda.
"I am happy to say that some of the state governments have taken their own initiatives to control illegal migration," Ravi said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!