State-run job portal in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: With more than four million educated unemployed in the state, Kerala is launching what is perhaps the country`s first government-run job portal.
The portal will feature jobs in Kerala and outside the state in both the private and the public sectors. The website would be officially launched Wednesday.
The brain child of engineer-turned Labour Minister Shibhu Baby John, the site would be managed by the state-owned Kerala State Electronics Development Corporation Limited (Keltron) and would be run by the Overseas Development and Employment Promotion Consultants (ODEPC), a department under John`s labour ministry.
"This is the first time that a state government is taking the lead to run a job portal and all those who wish to register can do so with a token fees. The website www.odepc.kerala.gov.in will feature jobs in both the private and public sector in the country besides numerous overseas employment vacancies," said John.
The registration fee for uploading a resume ranges from Rs.70 to Rs.600 depending on the qualification of the job aspirant.
Using a user id, everyone who registers can make changes to their bio-data as and when they wish to do, besides search and apply for the jobs that are listed.
"We are in talks with numerous private and public sector companies and also reputed companies abroad including government hospitals and departments, who have agreed to cooperate with us when it comes to recruitment by them," said John.
"Once we pass on the bio-data to the companies, intimation would be send to the job aspirants, detailing of what has happened to their bio-data," said John.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...