Stray tiger killed in Kerala’s Wayanad
Wayanad (Ker): A tiger, which had been on the
prowl in some areas in the district since the last couple of weeks was killed, official sources said.
The presence of the tiger has terrorised people in Naikkatty, Kottamkara and Muthanga areas in the district. It had also killed a few domestic animals including a cow, officials said.
Despite combing operations by a special task force from Kerala and also expert team from Karnataka, the tiger was evading capture by moving places, despite all out efforts made by forest officials and the people to trap it.
The tiger was spotted at about 8.15 am at Thelapparmbu in Moolamkavu and the combing team fired tranquiliser at the tiger. However, it fled the scene and later was found in a nearby coffee plantation. Again it was given another shot of tranquiliser and it was found dead.
A couple of weeks back, a 15-year old tiger, which had stayed into Thirunelly and killed four cows, was trapped in a cage by the forest officials and later released iit on the Kerala-Karnataka border.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you