Structure projs to attract investment: Pitroda
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala government should structure its development projects in order to attract global investments, Advisor to Prime Minister and Mentor for state`s development Sam Pitroda said here today.
The government might not find funds to undertake all projects and Public Private Participation (PPP) mode was ideal in such a scenario, Pitroda told reporters after holding a detailed discussion on 10 focus projects with Chief Minister Oommen Chandy here.
There was `good-will` for Kerala among global investors. They would come to the state with investments, if projects were tailored to suit them, he said.
Setting up a Knowledge City, strengthening e-governance, promotion of Ayurveda, development of coastal transport and Waste Management were five focus areas discussed at the meet, Chandy said.
A co-ordination committee with State Chief Secretary as its head has been constituted to work out details of the projects under these areas, Chandy said.
Another round of talks with Sam Pitroda team would be held in August before finalising the project, set to be launched this year itself, he said.
The proposals include a High Speed Rail Corridor and focusing on quality higher education and research.
The high speed rail corridor linking the entire stretch of the state was estimated to involve a cost of Rs 1.18 lakh crore. The proposed water highway would create facilities for coastal transport linking the inland water transport, the chief minister said.
The knowledge city would comprise such institutions like a world class centre for studies in mathematics and research and development in green energy, he added.
Pitroda had visited the state in January and submitted the proposals for the state planners and policymakers to draw up detailed project reports.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory