Student falls from train, condition stable
Kochi: The condition of the engineering student, who fell into the backwaters from a train, is improving, hospital sources said on Friday.
The girl had fallen into the backwaters when the train neared the Aroor-Kumbalam bridge yesterday. She was rescued by fishermen.
Doctors of the private Lakeshore hospital, where she was admitted, said her condition was stable and she was no longer on ventilator support.
She spoke to her father this morning, sources said.
The student, Arathi, was said to have been standing near the door of the general compartment and having her breakfast when she is suspected to have fallen into the backwaters. She was admitted to the hospital in a critical condition and her statement could not be recorded.
Arathi is a second year MTech electronics student at the Model Engineering college at nearby Thrikkakara.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore