Student falls from train, condition stable
Kochi: The condition of the engineering student, who fell into the backwaters from a train, is improving, hospital sources said on Friday.
The girl had fallen into the backwaters when the train neared the Aroor-Kumbalam bridge yesterday. She was rescued by fishermen.
Doctors of the private Lakeshore hospital, where she was admitted, said her condition was stable and she was no longer on ventilator support.
She spoke to her father this morning, sources said.
The student, Arathi, was said to have been standing near the door of the general compartment and having her breakfast when she is suspected to have fallen into the backwaters. She was admitted to the hospital in a critical condition and her statement could not be recorded.
Arathi is a second year MTech electronics student at the Model Engineering college at nearby Thrikkakara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'