Student falls from train, condition stable
Kochi: The condition of the engineering student, who fell into the backwaters from a train, is improving, hospital sources said on Friday.
The girl had fallen into the backwaters when the train neared the Aroor-Kumbalam bridge yesterday. She was rescued by fishermen.
Doctors of the private Lakeshore hospital, where she was admitted, said her condition was stable and she was no longer on ventilator support.
She spoke to her father this morning, sources said.
The student, Arathi, was said to have been standing near the door of the general compartment and having her breakfast when she is suspected to have fallen into the backwaters. She was admitted to the hospital in a critical condition and her statement could not be recorded.
Arathi is a second year MTech electronics student at the Model Engineering college at nearby Thrikkakara.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured