Student streaks in Kochi demanding NHRC chief`s resignation
Kochi: A city law college student streaked along the busy MG Road in the heart of the city, demanding the resignation of National Human Rights Commission chairman Justice KG Balakrishnan.
The youth ran a short distance with his face covered with a towel, police said.
Another person who helped him flee on his motorbike yesterday before police arrived was taken into custody, they said, adding a search was on for the student.
Streaking is considered an offence and an FIR had been filed in the Ernakulam central police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter