Student`s suicide: Bank manager held
Kottayam: Manager of a bank was arrested in connection with the suicide of a nursing student, who was denied an education loan.
Jobin, Manager of HDFC bank was arrested yesterday after a case was filed against him under Section 306 of the IPC (abetment of suicide).
The 20-year-old girl student had allegedly committed suicide on April 30 last after she came to know that her education loan was rejected by the bank citing various reasons, including that her mother had defaulted payment against a loan that she had availed earlier from the same bank, police said.
Jobin was remanded to judicial custody till May 23, police said.
Another accused, also an official of the bank, is absconding, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued