Student`s suicide: Bank manager held
Kottayam: Manager of a bank was arrested in connection with the suicide of a nursing student, who was denied an education loan.
Jobin, Manager of HDFC bank was arrested yesterday after a case was filed against him under Section 306 of the IPC (abetment of suicide).
The 20-year-old girl student had allegedly committed suicide on April 30 last after she came to know that her education loan was rejected by the bank citing various reasons, including that her mother had defaulted payment against a loan that she had availed earlier from the same bank, police said.
Jobin was remanded to judicial custody till May 23, police said.
Another accused, also an official of the bank, is absconding, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi