Sub-judge suspended for misbehavior in Kochi
Kochi: A sub-judge of a court here was suspended pending inquiry for his alleged misbehaviour with a fellow male passenger in a train in February.
Sub-Judge K Anil Kumar was suspended yesterday by High Court based on a probe conducted by the court`s vigilance department as prima facie the charges levelled against him was found to be true, High Court sources said here on Tuesday.
Charges against Anil Kumar was that he assaulted and abused Mohan Kumar, an employee of Malayalam daily `Janayugam`.
It was stated that Anil Kumar took exception to when Mohan Kumar`s hand touched him while the latter handing over his mobile phone to another person leading to a wordy duel between them on February 28.
Anil Kumar allegedly assaulted Mohan Kumar.
Mohan Kumar had filed a complaint with the police which had been forwarded to the High Court. He had also lodged a complaint with the Court, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!