Sub-judge suspended for misbehavior in Kochi
Kochi: A sub-judge of a court here was suspended pending inquiry for his alleged misbehaviour with a fellow male passenger in a train in February.
Sub-Judge K Anil Kumar was suspended yesterday by High Court based on a probe conducted by the court`s vigilance department as prima facie the charges levelled against him was found to be true, High Court sources said here on Tuesday.
Charges against Anil Kumar was that he assaulted and abused Mohan Kumar, an employee of Malayalam daily `Janayugam`.
It was stated that Anil Kumar took exception to when Mohan Kumar`s hand touched him while the latter handing over his mobile phone to another person leading to a wordy duel between them on February 28.
Anil Kumar allegedly assaulted Mohan Kumar.
Mohan Kumar had filed a complaint with the police which had been forwarded to the High Court. He had also lodged a complaint with the Court, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar