Sudhakaran’s posters continue to appear
Kannur: Posters by supporters of Congress MP K Sudhakaran, who recently barged into a police station here and threatened the SI and demanded release of two youth Congress workers lodged in lock up and Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan who ordered a probe into it stating law would take its course, were appeared in various parts of the town.
Posters extending support to Radhakrishnan stating `Kannur welcomes the Home minister who had fought against injustice and protected the dignity of the party`, in the name of `Congress Prathikarana Vedi` appeared in the town.
Posters criticising Radhakrishnan and supporting the Kannur MP in the name of Youth Congress were also seen in many areas.
On October 31 Congress workers led by Sudhakaran staged a protest before the police station demanding action against a sub-inspector for allegedly assaulting a party local functionary at the station.
Police had also registered a case against Sudhakaran and Congress activists for obstructing the official functioning of the police personnel and also threatening them.
Radhakrishan had asked IG, Kannur range, to probe the issue and ascertain if there was any lapse on the SI`s part in handling the case,as alleged by Sudhakaran and his supporters.
The probe report said the SI had followed due procedure under the Police Act in taking Youth Congress activists into custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere