Sudhakaran’s posters continue to appear
Kannur: Posters by supporters of Congress MP K Sudhakaran, who recently barged into a police station here and threatened the SI and demanded release of two youth Congress workers lodged in lock up and Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan who ordered a probe into it stating law would take its course, were appeared in various parts of the town.
Posters extending support to Radhakrishnan stating `Kannur welcomes the Home minister who had fought against injustice and protected the dignity of the party`, in the name of `Congress Prathikarana Vedi` appeared in the town.
Posters criticising Radhakrishnan and supporting the Kannur MP in the name of Youth Congress were also seen in many areas.
On October 31 Congress workers led by Sudhakaran staged a protest before the police station demanding action against a sub-inspector for allegedly assaulting a party local functionary at the station.
Police had also registered a case against Sudhakaran and Congress activists for obstructing the official functioning of the police personnel and also threatening them.
Radhakrishan had asked IG, Kannur range, to probe the issue and ascertain if there was any lapse on the SI`s part in handling the case,as alleged by Sudhakaran and his supporters.
The probe report said the SI had followed due procedure under the Police Act in taking Youth Congress activists into custody.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!