Summoned PFI leaders fail to appear, seek more time
Aluva: Two leaders of radical Muslim outfit, PFI, who had been summoned by investigating officers to appear before them on Monday in connection with the brutal
attack on a lecturer, failed to turn up and have sought more time.
Popular Front of India General Secreatary, Abdul Hameed and president of the Imam Council, its sister organisation, Ashraf Maulavi, told officials over phone that they want a week`s time to appear before the investigating officers, police said.
Meanwhile, police today summoned P Koya, chief editor of `Tejas`, a Malayalam daily, to appear before investigating officers on August 16 and Naseruddin Elamaram, PFI state
president, on August 12 in connection with the case.
Police claimed that some of the accused, who had escaped after the attack, were provided information by local reporters of Tejas and Koya.
Lecturer Joseph`s hand was chopped off on July 4 for preparing a question paper with alleged derogatory references to Prophet Mohammad.
Police are providing security at his house and visitors are being allowed only after strict screening.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble