Suryanelli rape case: HC moved for probe against Kurien
Kochi: A Petition was filed in Kerala High Court seeking a direction to the state and DGP to conduct investigation against Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman PJ Kurien in the Suryanelli rape case in the light of the victim`s charges against him in the 17-year old case.
According to petitioner, Kamala Sadanandan, General Secretary of the Kerala Mahila Sangam, a wing of CPI, the victim, a minor girl was raped by 40 odd persons in 1996. She has been complaining since 1996 alleging that Kurien was one of the perpetrators of the crime.
Her complaint to the then chief minister had resulted in it being relegated to DYSP, Kottayam. Despite such a heinous crime, no FIR was registered in view of the "political clout" of Kurien, the petitioner alleged.
The inquiry report in favour of Kurien cannot be taken into consideration as it was not based on an FIR or in terms of Crpc, it was stated.
The petitioner also sought to call for the records relating to the investigation, into the role of Kurien, if any, conducted by Sibi Mathews, who headed the Special investigation Team (SIT), which probed the case.
The petition is likely to come up for hearing tomorrow.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!