Suryanelli rape case: HC moved for probe against Kurien
Kochi: A Petition was filed in Kerala High Court seeking a direction to the state and DGP to conduct investigation against Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman PJ Kurien in the Suryanelli rape case in the light of the victim`s charges against him in the 17-year old case.
According to petitioner, Kamala Sadanandan, General Secretary of the Kerala Mahila Sangam, a wing of CPI, the victim, a minor girl was raped by 40 odd persons in 1996. She has been complaining since 1996 alleging that Kurien was one of the perpetrators of the crime.
Her complaint to the then chief minister had resulted in it being relegated to DYSP, Kottayam. Despite such a heinous crime, no FIR was registered in view of the "political clout" of Kurien, the petitioner alleged.
The inquiry report in favour of Kurien cannot be taken into consideration as it was not based on an FIR or in terms of Crpc, it was stated.
The petitioner also sought to call for the records relating to the investigation, into the role of Kurien, if any, conducted by Sibi Mathews, who headed the Special investigation Team (SIT), which probed the case.
The petition is likely to come up for hearing tomorrow.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you