Suryanelli rape victim`s plea to appoint two new special prosecutors
Kochi: The Suryanelli rape victim on Monday approached the Kerala High court seeking appointment of two new special prosecutors to conduct the case in the court.
The victim complained that the present Director General of Prosecutions (DGP), T Asaf Ali, had tendered legal advise adversely to her in her complaint against Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman, PJ Kurien and if he conducts a hearing on the appeals, she would be `greatly prejudiced`.
The earlier prosecutors-- Suresh Babu Thomas and CS Ajayan, who conducted the case successfully at special court, Kottayam, were conversant with all details of the case and would only take minimum time to prepare the case and hence they should be appointed, she submitted.
Despite new evidence cropping up as revealed by key accused Darmarajan against Kurien, the government and police on the DGP`s advice refused to take action against him. If the DGP conducts the case, she will be `greatly prejudiced`.
The case is likely to come up tomorrow.
The Suriyanelli case relates to the rape of a 16-year-old girl of Suriyanelli in Idukki district in 1996. The victim, a school girl, was allegedly abducted and taken to different places and sexually exploited by 40-odd persons.
The victim had also filed a complaint against Kurien, listing him as an accused in the case along with three others in the light of revelations by Dharmarajan to a TV channel.
Kurien had maintained that all allegations against him had been cleared by the High Court and Supreme Court.
On March 2, a local court had rejected a plea by the victim for a fresh probe into the alleged involvement of Kurien in the case, holding there was no new ground for a fresh investigation.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state