Suspected Maoist activists threaten policeman
Kalpetta: A four-member gang of suspected Maoists confronted a policeman in his house in hilly Waynad District and threatened him at gun point with dire consequences if he did not quit his job, police said on Friday.
The gang entered the house of Pramod, attached to the traffic unit of police, at Mananathavadi late last night and asked him to quit the job, police sources said.
Taking a serious note of the incident, Kerala Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala sought a report about it from the District Superintendent of Police, they said.
The ultras also pasted handbills on the wall of Pramod`s house in support of their cause and also set afire his motorbike parked outside.
They asked him to abandon police duty and take up agriculture, the sources said.
The state government had in January told the assembly it would step up patrolling and combing operations in forest areas in Kannur, Wayanad, Kozhikode and Malappuram districts in north Kerala following intelligence reports about the presence of Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues