Suspicious object on track, train services disrupted
Kottayam (Ker): Train traffic between Kottayam and Ernakulam was disrupted for an hour on Thursday as an object which looked like a "steel bomb" was found on the railway bridge near Piravom Road station, police said.
Several trains, including Kozhikode-Thiruvananthapuram Janshatabdi Express, were halted at different stations as state and railways police and bomb squad launched a search immediately knowing about the presence of the object around 11 AM.
According to police, a steel tiffin carrier with some wires attached to it was found at the northern end of the bridge across the Muvvattupuzha river near Piravom Road station.
Train services were resumed after police took away the object for examination and the track was found safe after a thorough search, police sources said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you