Suspicious object on track, train services disrupted
Kottayam (Ker): Train traffic between Kottayam and Ernakulam was disrupted for an hour on Thursday as an object which looked like a "steel bomb" was found on the railway bridge near Piravom Road station, police said.
Several trains, including Kozhikode-Thiruvananthapuram Janshatabdi Express, were halted at different stations as state and railways police and bomb squad launched a search immediately knowing about the presence of the object around 11 AM.
According to police, a steel tiffin carrier with some wires attached to it was found at the northern end of the bridge across the Muvvattupuzha river near Piravom Road station.
Train services were resumed after police took away the object for examination and the track was found safe after a thorough search, police sources said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site