Suspicious object on track, train services disrupted
Kottayam (Ker): Train traffic between Kottayam and Ernakulam was disrupted for an hour on Thursday as an object which looked like a "steel bomb" was found on the railway bridge near Piravom Road station, police said.
Several trains, including Kozhikode-Thiruvananthapuram Janshatabdi Express, were halted at different stations as state and railways police and bomb squad launched a search immediately knowing about the presence of the object around 11 AM.
According to police, a steel tiffin carrier with some wires attached to it was found at the northern end of the bridge across the Muvvattupuzha river near Piravom Road station.
Train services were resumed after police took away the object for examination and the track was found safe after a thorough search, police sources said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'