Suyanelli: Govt against appointing 2 special public prosecutors for case
Kochi: Kerala Government today informed the High Court its disagreement in appointing two special public prosecutors in the Suriyanelli rape case.
According to the government, the present state prosecutor, the Director General of Prosecutions (DGP), will continue to conduct the case.
The submission was made on a plea filed by the Suriyanelli victim seeking to appoint two special prosecutors-- Suresh Babu Thomas and C S Ajayan, to conduct the case.
It was further informed that the application filed by the victim to appoint two special prosecutors was rejected by the government. It was also stated that these two lawyers can be appointed to assist the prosecution.
The victim in her petition had stated that the DGP had tendered an adverse legal advise to her in her complaint against Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman, P J Kurien and if he conducts a hearing on the appeals, she would be "greatly prejudiced."
The earlier prosecutors-- Suresh Babu Thomas and C S Ajayan, who conducted the case successfully at special court, Kottayam, were conversant with all details of the case and would only take minimum time to prepare the case and hence they should be appointed, she had submitted.
Despite new evidence cropping up as revealed by key accused Darmarajan against Kurien, the government and police on the advice of DGP refused to take action against him, she had said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says