Suyanelli: Govt against appointing 2 special public prosecutors for case
Kochi: Kerala Government today informed the High Court its disagreement in appointing two special public prosecutors in the Suriyanelli rape case.
According to the government, the present state prosecutor, the Director General of Prosecutions (DGP), will continue to conduct the case.
The submission was made on a plea filed by the Suriyanelli victim seeking to appoint two special prosecutors-- Suresh Babu Thomas and C S Ajayan, to conduct the case.
It was further informed that the application filed by the victim to appoint two special prosecutors was rejected by the government. It was also stated that these two lawyers can be appointed to assist the prosecution.
The victim in her petition had stated that the DGP had tendered an adverse legal advise to her in her complaint against Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman, P J Kurien and if he conducts a hearing on the appeals, she would be "greatly prejudiced."
The earlier prosecutors-- Suresh Babu Thomas and C S Ajayan, who conducted the case successfully at special court, Kottayam, were conversant with all details of the case and would only take minimum time to prepare the case and hence they should be appointed, she had submitted.
Despite new evidence cropping up as revealed by key accused Darmarajan against Kurien, the government and police on the advice of DGP refused to take action against him, she had said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what