Swami Agnivesh demands CBI probe into death of Bihari youth
Kochi: Social Activist Swami Agnivesh on Friday demanded CBI probe into the death of Bihari youth Satnam Singh Mann in a Mental Health Cetre in Thiruvananthapuram under suspicious circumstances after he was arrested from Mata Amritanandamayi`s ashram in Kollam recently.
"We want CBI to inquire into the death of the youth. We feel concerned.... The way he was caught and roughed up in the ashram and then taken into custody by police after which he died," Swami Agnivesh and former high court judge PK Shamshuddin said in a statement.
Those in the ashram should have treated Mann with compassion. There should be fair investigation and whoever is responsbile for his death, should be dealt with. There were 70 wounds on his body, Agnivesh said.
"We do not find anything seriously objectionable in his past. In the ashram, he did not insult anyone or abuse anyone. The ashram must have said something to the police because of which they overdid things," he alleged.
Mann was arrested and remanded on August 1 after he created scenes at the ashram by trying to barge onto the podium of spiritual leader Mata Amritanandamayi.
He was shifted to the mental hospital the next day as he was allegedly in a mentally disturbed state and died there on August 4.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!