Swetha Menon met Chandy, told him about Kollam incident
Thiruvananthapuram: Actress Swetha Menon Sunday said she met Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and informed him about the Kollam incident earlier this month when a Congress MP allegedly groped her.
"I had said last week that I will meet the chief minister and I have kept my word. Yesterday (Saturday), I met him and told him what had happened to me at the function," Swetha told reporters here at a function.
Last week she alleged that Congress MP Peethamabara Kurup groped her at a boat race function in Kollam. On Nov 2, she showed the "visuals" from TV channels, where the lawmaker was shown getting close to her during the boat race.
But the next day, Swetha withdrew her complaint.
"I withdrew the complaint after my aged father, my husband and my guruji asked me to do so," said the actress.
She made this volte face after giving her statement Nov 3 to the Kollam police following which the police were forced to register a case against Kurup. Now the case will be closed as per the law.
Meanwhile, Kollam district Congress president Prathapa Varma Thampan, criticised Swetha for her action and has approached the police with a complaint that he has received threat letters.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured